FORMATION SECTOR MEET – INM FMA CHENNAI
MAZZARELLO CONVENT – KODAMBAKKAM.
23 – 26 February 2019
The Formation sector team from – Rome Sr. Maria Nieves Reboso, Sr. Fisichlla Maria and Sr. Anelfeda Miranda arrived on 22nd Feb 2019 to INM Province kodambakkam – Chennai. Rev. Sr. Maria Nirmala Lazar – the provincial, the sisters, the staff and students of Fatima Matriculation School gave a joyous welcome in the Indian style. They were happy to see the whole educating community and Sr.Maria Nieves Reboso – the General councilor for formation addressed the whole gathering.
The formation meeting was conducted for 4 days from 23rd Feb to 26th Feb 2019. The participants were the provincial, concillors, animators and formators of the province. They were around 36 participants from Chennai and Srilanka. The Icon: Wedding at Cana was well decorated and kept in the hall as a source of inspiration.
On the first day we were blessed to have Rev. Fr. Kanaga Maria Arockiam Sdb, Regional Councillor – SPCSA, to celebrate the Holy Eucharist. During homily he invited the participants to take Mary as the role Model in our formative journey. Likewise in the following days too, the salesians from nearby communities were invited to celebrate the Holy Eucharist. Each day the Liturgy and the prayer moments were animated by different sisters meaningfully. The formation Sector team carried out all the activities as it was programmed.
In the beginning of the meeting the new document “Guidelines for the formation period of Temporary vows” is handed over to each sister by Rev. Sr. Maria Nieves Reboso – the General councillor for Formation. Every day the following topics were highlighted and discussed with the participants by the formation team:
- Challenges in today’s context that need to be faced in the formation process during the stage of temporary Profession.
- Listening to the temporary professed, formation communities and formators.
- Challenges that emerged from the life of the Temporary professed
- Dreams of the Temporary professed
- The role of community and animator for the formation of the temporary professed period.
- Live in ongoing Formation with the new terminology “Docibilitas”.
- The role of Mother Provincial in the formation of temporary professed.
- The new guidelines for the formation of New Animators.
- The organization of the phase of Temporary profession and the second Novitiate.
- The small booklet on later adulthood.
- The booklet on the Province Formation Coordinator explaining role and responsibilities.
The participants wholeheartedly participated in all the formative moments guided and accompanied by the Formation team. The important and God experiencing moment was that of Lectio Divina. Wherein Sr. Anelfreda Miranda prayerfully accompanied us to Cana for wedding feast in the company of Jesus and Mary. It was an experiential moment for all of us.
On the second day of the programme the community of Kodambakkm organized the enjoyable recreation “Cultural Fiesta”. It was very enriching and all of us enjoyed lot of fun and laughter.
Sr.Kanickarai Mary Thamizharasi the province coordinator for the formation presented to the team the content and various formative programmes organized for the temporary professed of our Province.
During in one of the Good nights Sr. Maria Nieves communicated the good news about the new missionaries of our institute. All the sisters rejoiced seeing the two new missionaries to Sri Lanka in particular who are given as the precious gift to our province.
The four days seminar came to a happy conclusion with the wedding feast and thanked the Formation team for their well planned formative journey and execution of the same. The participants were very contented and happily returned to the communities with conviction that each one of us are called to journey with the young sisters in their formation and to live with joy each one’s covenant with God .